Theme : Adaptation
The Editorial Committee of the MOQDOC, the annual publication of the ARLIS/NA MOQ chapter, is looking for texts for its next issue to be published in Fall 2021.
The COVID-19 pandemic has affected many facets of our working life and impacted the ways in which we can provide educational and research services, given our limited access to physical spaces and collections. Despite these challenges, there are countless ways that information professionals have adapted their offerings to serve communities with new and creative solutions during this difficult time. Yet adaptation is nothing new in our field. It is well documented that libraries and archives are often placed in situations where they have to find ways to serve their users and care for collections, despite growing challenges. For better or for worse, we are constantly adapting.
For the Fall 2021 issue of the MOQDOC we are welcoming articles related to the theme of adaptation in libraries, archives and special collections. This theme can be interpreted in a variety of ways and texts can include but are not limited to the following topics:
- Adaptive working strategies and user services amid the COVID-19 pandemic;
- Adaptation related to shifting research strategies and collections in a digital context;
- Adaptation to new realities, changing circumstances at large (e.g. budget cuts), perhaps even resisting forced adaptation;
- Adaptation on a personal level, (e.g. returning to work after having a child, striking a work-life balance, studying part-time while working, starting a new job after graduation, etc.);
- Adaptation after a crisis.
If you have questions, or would like to speak with us about your article idea before you start writing, please donâ€™t hesitate to get in touch.
Please let us know by July 16th if you are planning on submitting an article by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. First drafts should be submitted by August 23rd.
Articles should be about 1000 words and can be written in English or in French.
We look forward to reading you!
Melissa Pipe : email@example.com
Jessica HÃ©bert : firstname.lastname@example.org
ComitÃ© Ã©ditorial du MOQDOC Editorial Committee